7.11.2006

Running discipline

Working out of a home office I've developed professional discipline, but I've never really been consistent with anything athletic. Since I'm committed to running the Walt Disney World Marathon next January 7, I've started training, but my schedule hasn't been consistent.

In an effort to boost my consistency, I've just registered for the Labor Day U.S. 10k Classic, which is less than 2 months away. The course is nothing but hills, but that's what I run today anyway, so it shouldn't kill me if I discipline myself and stay with my running schedule.

I've also set up an account at Cool Running, which has a nice (and free!) online tool to log my runs. It also has a marathon schedule which is slightly different than the one I'm using today, but I like being able to keep everything online rather than an Excel spreadsheet which I'm now using.