7.20.2006

Another week, another city

I'm on the road for the next 5 consecutive weeks. This week I spent the last four days in Seattle, and it was made much more enjoyable by the awesome weather (sunny skies with highs in the mid-70's & lows in the 50's), lunch with one of the nicest and by far the smartest guy I know (who, on his first day back after a 2-week vacation, took an hour out of his day, for which I'm truly grateful), good company of my two amigos, and a really great hotel. The MarQueen Hotel is the result of a terrific renovation of an historic apartment building.

The guest rooms are huge. Mine had a walk-in closet, nice firm bed, a full refrigerator, high-speed Internet access, double-insulated vinyl windows (important in historical buildings since new windows keep the street-noise out), and the bathroom looked like it was renovated last week. So while I'm a fan of Westin, I'll be staying at the MarQueen should my travel plans ever again include Seattle.

Next week: Austin area.