4.18.2006

Signs of intelligent life

Dropping off my daughter this morning at her twice-weekly Mother's Morning Out program, I was astonished to see signs of hope that the realities of the state of our nation are beginning to break through the haze of propoganda in this bastion of blind Republican devotion called Cobb County, Georgia. It's one thing for people to disagree with their government; it's quite another for them to take action and put a bumper sticker on their car. Granted, it's not a vote, but it could translate into that very action. It's still a lifetime away, but Republicans could be in real trouble come November.

The first bumper sticker was a "Just Pretend It's All Okay" in the shape of a ribbon. The next one read, "My child is an honors student but my president is an idiot", and then I saw two different vehicles with "F the President" stickers... and one of the vehicles was a pickup truck complete with gun rack and a confederate flag sticker--gotta love Georgia!