9.26.2006

Humping the living crap out of a midget

If you've subscribed to my blog via RSS, was it the title of today's blog that caught your attention? I'll explain this title in a minute.

Maybe I'm living under a rock, but I didn't realize until recently that Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, has been blogging since October of last year. Not only are Scott's Dilbert cartoons hilarious, but his blog is too... an example of such is the title of my blog today, taken from his post last Friday about Michael Jackson opening a leprechaun-themed amusement park in Ireland.

And if you're looking for something lighter, I'd steer clear of this: Scott Adams is offering his book, God's Debris, for free in pdf format. The reason?

It’s free because it’s designed to be discussed with people who have also read it. I’m confident that some percentage of the free e-book readers will be inspired to buy a physical book for friends or for their own collection. And if you like it, you might want to try the sequel, The Religion War, available only in hardcover. At the end of the e-book you’ll find some links to Amazon.com for your impulse-buying pleasure.
And a warning from Scott...
Still, God's Debris is emphatically not for everyone. Although there’s no sex or violence, I don’t recommend it for readers under fourteen unless a parent has screened it. And if you don’t like to have your perceptions challenged, this book isn’t for you. However, if you like a good book-induced buzz now and then, I think you’ll agree that the price was right.
Unfortunately, I don't see many of my conservative Christian friends reading this just as they avoided seeing The Da Vinci Code.